hard error reading fsbn

Willie Viljoen will at unfoldings.net
Mon Nov 24 07:21:27 PST 2003

Well, the problem there is that your drive can't do UDMA at the speed it is
trying to. Replace the cable, make sure it is an 80 conductor cable
conforming to the standards for IDE cables, most specifically, it should not
be longer than 45cm.

If that doesn't help, try setting a lower UDMA mode with atacontrol(8) or
disable it completely via sysctls.

Will