Officially support for 4.7

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Mon Nov 24 06:27:48 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 06:01:42AM -0800, Carol Overes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to found out until when the 4.7 release
> is officially supported by FreeBSD.
>
> According to Release Engineering Information
> (http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html) 4.7 is
> still officially supported. However ISO images are not
> available on the FTP site.

That does not mean anything. For reasons of diskspace and bandwidth
only the last couple of releases are available from ftp.freebsd.org.
Older releases are still available from many mirrors.
See  http://www.freebsdmirrors.org/FBSDsites.php3  to find a mirror
carrying some older release.

> Can anyone tell me how long 4.7 is supported ?

According to  http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html  4.7 is
supported until 31 Dec. 2003
After that date security fixes might not be applied to the RELENG_4_7
branch. (Which is essentially what "officially supported" means.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se