Does 4.9-RELEASE work with 3Ware RAID card?

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Thu Nov 20 13:42:42 PST 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 09:30, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 10:16 AM 11/20/2003, Wes Peters wrote:
> >> That's not what I'm asking for, of course. I'm asking to hear
> >> if anyone has already had experience with the hardware and
> >> software in question. It's mutually beneficial to everyone in the
> >> community if this information is shared widely.
> >
> >Yes, and the mail list archives and FAQs help there, but somebody at
> > some point has to be the pioneer.
>
> I see nothing wrong with asking first, so that I know whether I need
> to BE the pioneer! After all, if folks do not do this, then we could
> have more people than necessary sporting those unsightly arrows in
> their backs. So, IMHO, it is not appropriate to criticize people for
> posting queries.

I'm sorry, I didn't speak/write clearly enough.  You did NOTHING wrong,
and did manage to bring out somebody who has had success.  I look
forward to reading your reports of success too.  I hope you collect as
few arrows as possible on this go-around, I know you've got quite a
collection already.

Oh, wait, that just conjured up yet another scary JPEG:

     <n00b> anyone tried to use an XYZCorp frobnicator-2003 with
            FreeBSD 9.3 yet?
<greybeard> go check the tags on the arrows sticking out of Brett's
            backside for the XYZ logo

Now if we just had a staff cartoonist for this list...  ;^)

Wes Peters                                              wes at softweyr.com