4.9 just stopt working

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Tue Nov 11 07:40:09 PST 2003

Hi all,

I have 4.9 running a couple of days now and just a miniute ago my
computer just stopped working. The HD led wend on and off switching
every four seconds or so. The music i had running stopped. The mouse in
X acted also strange. It didn't move at all at sometime and then it
suddenly did until it stopped again.

I have had FreeBSD 4 and X running on this computer for 6 to 8 months
now and it never done anything like this. The only thing I did diffent
from other days is that i had a ISO file mounted.

I included the output of dmesg in a attachement. Uname -a gives:
FreeBSD Alex.lan 4.9-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov  7 23:05:55
CET 2003     root at GatewayServer.lan:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/I686  i386

Are there any others out there that are exeriance the same behavure?
Any idees about what could be causing this behavuere? For now i assume
it was a one time event.

--
Alex