Apache ports confusion!

Scot W. Hetzel hetzelsw at westbend.net
Fri Nov 7 13:09:23 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Updegrove" <dislists at updegrove.net>
To: <stable at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: Apache ports confusion!

> Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
>
>  > From: "Rick Updegrove" <dislists at updegrove.net>
>  >
>  >>Ok, I need Apache with http and https support.
>  >>
>  >>I also need Apache::ASP, and frontpage, php4, and mod_perl.
>  >>
>  >
>  > You'll want to install the following ports:
>
> Thanks Scot!  I will assume ths is the correct order in which to install
> : )
>
> I am a litle confused still about mod_frontpage and apache13-fp

mod_frontpage is a modified version of the MS mod_frontpage module. It adds
additional Apache directives to control the enable/disabling of FrontPage
extenstions on a per server or virtual host bases. And doesn't require
patching of the Apache sources.

apache13-fp uses the mod_frontpage module as provided by MS, it patches the
Apache sources.

>  > www/apache13-modssl
>  > www/mod_frontpage
>  > www/frontpage (NOTE: you may need to create the security key, see
>  > apache.sh in www/apache13-fp)
>
> OK do I need to install apache13-fp?  Or do I simply need to read
> apache.sh and then create the key?

No, just read the apache.sh.tmpl (specifically the new_key routine), as it
provides an example for creating the security key.

Scot