can't install 'bin/sh'

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen freebsd.nospam at mekanix.dk
Thu Nov 6 11:52:28 PST 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 19:55, Doug White wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I installed 4.8-RELEASE a couple of weeks ago and have cvsup'ed a couple
> > of time, but every time I try to run 'make installworld' it bails out
> > when it's time to install bin/sh:
>
> This is the classic failure case if you accidentally sup'd CURRENT
> instead.  check your supfile, and read the instructions at the end of
> UPDATING on how to properly update.

Hmm... I might have done that while configuring and testing cvsup, but I
believe that my sup-file is correct now:

*default host=cvsup.dk.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
ports-all tag=.
doc-all tag=.

So shouldn't cvsup correct and remove any leftovers from CURRENT? Or should I
delete some directories in /usr/src (and which ones)?

Bjarne