cvsup troubles

Jaco H. van Tonder freebsd-questions at premsoft.co.za
Thu Nov 6 10:15:53 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <d.antunes at comcast.net>
To: <stable at freebsd.org>
Sent: 06/11/2003 7:58 PM
Subject: cvsup troubles

> I would like to upgrade a 4.7 box to 4.9 via cvsup.
> I changed the supfile to:
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_9
> I then ran cvsup -g -L 2 ~/ports-supfile
> cvsup proceeded to delete all of the old ports
> and will not pull any new ones down on subsequent runs.
> If anyone could shed some light on this I would
> really appreciate it.
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Hi,

Just a extract from /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
# DANGER!  WARNING!  LOOK OUT!  VORSICHT!
#
# If you add any of the ports or doc collections to this file, be sure to
# specify them with a "tag" value set to ".", like this:
#
#   ports-all tag=.
#   doc-all tag=.
#
# If you leave out the "tag=." portion, CVSup will delete all of
# the files in your ports or doc tree.  That is because the ports and doc
# collections do not use the same tags as the main part of the FreeBSD
# source tree.

Hope that helps.
Jaco