Serious bug in 4.9-RELEASE

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Tue Nov 4 07:53:33 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 07:44:13AM -0800, David Raistrick wrote:

> > I take that back.  I can reproduce it, but only in xterm (I normally
> > don't use X much, so I only tried it in a normal text console.)
>
> For what it may be worth, I can reproduce this on my freshly cvsuped
> 4.9-R server, as well as my 4.8-STABLE from July 1.
>
> Also only in an xterm (untested with cons25).

Yes, as has been noted elsewhere in the thread, the problem occurs
after changes were made in the termcap description of xterm.
Those changes were made to RELENG_4 on 2003-04-29 (which was after
4.8-RELEASE) so it should be reproducable on all versions of 4-STABLE
after that date.

(And, as also has been noted, it is arguable that there is not a bug in
termcap, but rather that the changes uncovered a bug in
/usr/games/hack.  The bug being that hack(6) relies on long-obsolete
termcap capabilities, which it shouldn't do.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se