Serious bug in 4.9-RELEASE

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Mon Nov 3 15:06:02 PST 2003

Doug White wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Michael Sierchio wrote:
>

>>Michael Sierchio wrote:
>>
>>>Well, this depends on your point of view.  A cvsup, buildworld,
>>>kernel, installworld causes:
>>>
>>>sapphire 214> /usr/games/hack
>>>Terminal must backspace.
>>>

>>It appears that someone has messed up /usr/share/misc/termcap
>

> Apparently you :)
>
> I can't reproduce this. Try reinstalling termcap manually.

I reverted to the one from the previous release.  The
CVSuped version is the one causing the problem.

These are xterm sessions that are done via xforwarding in sshd.

-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel   203413 Nov  3 14:57 termcap
MD5 (termcap) = c4228c627c053151a6397951464d0510

/usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.src has a date of Oct 29

This is easily reproducible -- revert to old termcap, it
works.  Do a make and make install in /usr/src/share/termcap,
the behavior appears again.