CPU1 never used despite HTT?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 1 05:02:52 PST 2003

On 2003.11.01 13:36:42 +0100, Helge Oldach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a Xeon with hyperthreading support. Until last week's HTT
> modifications, according to ps(1) and top(1) both logicals CPUs were in
> use. (Processes in CPU0 and CPU1 state; "C" column showing "0" or "1".)

From UPDATING:

20031022:
        Support for HyperThread logical CPUs has now been enabled by
        default.  As a result, the HTT kernel option no longer exists.
        Instead, the logical CPUs are always started so that they can
        handle interrupts.  However, the extra logical CPUs are prevented
        from executing user processes by default.  To enable the logical
        CPUs, change the value of the machdep.hlt_logical_cpus from 1 to
        0.  This value can also be set from the loader as a tunable of
        the same name.

I would guess that's your problem.

--
Simon L. Nielsen