need to know if there will be support ie. drivers for tekram ultra 4 wide scsi

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Wed May 28 08:19:34 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 06:35 am, Eriq Lamar wrote:
> I'm building another server and must decide on scsi card the tekram
> looks very promising to me but need to know if it will be supported or
> not in 4.8 or 5.1. server will be used of mysql / apache. any info or
> suggestions as to scsi cards would be great. thx in advance.

With apologies to our many Adaptec friends here in FreeBSD-land, I've been
quite pleased with my Tekram DC390W for over 4 years now:

sym0: <875> port 0xd400-0xd4ff mem 0xf2000000-0xf2000fff, 0xf2800000-
0xf28000ff irq 10 at device 14.0 on pci0
sym0: Tekram NVRAM, ID 7, Fast-20, SE, parity checking

This controller and the associated UltraStar disk drive have migrated
across two different systems with me and have been flawless.  I have a
DDS-2 DAT drive and a Zip drive (!) on the SCSI-2 bus and the UltraStar
on the wide bus.

Are you certain the added expense of SCSI is worth your money compared to
ATA100 or 133?  The other drive on this machine is a new Western Digital
80GB at UDMA100 and it is quite fast.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes at softweyr.com