system slowdown - vnode related

Steve Watt steve at Watt.COM
Sun May 25 18:35:57 PDT 2003

In article <20030524190051.R598 at hub.org>, scrappy at hub.org wrote:
>  What version of FreeBSD are you running?  There were several fixes put
>in just after 4.8 was released, one of which dealt with freeing up vnodes,
>since I was hitting similar problems on our server where we're using
>unionfs ...

If you're on stable, I suggest reading the man page for mount_union very
carefully, especially the BUGS section.

Be verrrry careful, you're in dangerous territory.

(Yes, I've hurt myself on that.)

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.8" / 37N 20' 14.9"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                         Whois: SW32