IPv6 Resolver (or: Slow rendering of Webpages using Konqueror)

Chris BeHanna behanna at zbzoom.net
Sat May 3 12:01:21 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Don Lewis wrote:

> On 30 Apr, Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. wrote:
>
> > I have issues which somewhat match those symptoms.  On FreeBSD 4.8,
> > Mozilla will occasionally get "stuck" for a couple minutes (the first time
> > I hit dilbert.com in a day seems to be a fairly reliable culprit).  After
> > that, it seems to run fine for an hour or so, at which point it will get
> > stuck on some random site again.  Wait a couple minutes, then it will be
> > fine again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.
>
> I had this problem as well a while back until I neutered Mozilla so that
> it wouldn't do the IPv6 address lookups anymore.

    It'd be great if you could produce patches so that Mozilla could
be built with a "WITHOUT_IPV6" knob.

    That's a band-aid on the problem of broken nameservers, yes, but
it'll help novices get over the hump.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)
behanna at bogus.zbzoom.net
                 Turning coffee into software since 1990.