problem with 4.8R ftpd and Mozilla/Netscape

Chris Dillon cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Fri May 2 14:29:59 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Mike Lambert wrote:

> A problem appears to exist with using Mozilla/Netscape to access a
> non-anonymous account on a FreeBSD 4.8R FTP server using syntax
> a dialog box is displayed asking to download the directory file as a
> binary file. FreeBSD 4.7R (/usr/libexec/ftpd) does not have this
> problem.

Just wanted to chime in and say "I noticed this too!".  I actually
thought it was a bug in Mozilla.  Maybe it is, since other browsers
work fine.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet

No trees were harmed in the composition of this message, although some
electrons were mildly inconvenienced.