Building my own release

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 31 22:13:10 PST 2003

If memory serves me right, William Denton wrote:

> (The final make took about five hours on my PIII-450 and used up a couple
> of gigs of disk.)  This made /disk2/release/R/cdrom/ which contains a
> disc1/ and disc2/ directory, and a disc2 and miniinst ISO.  No disc1 ISO,
> though, which I think is strange.  Why wouldn't I have it?  I captured all
> the output in a log, and there's no sign there that it ever tried to make
> a disc1 ISO.  It does the floppies, says it's "Setting up CDROM
> distribution area" which shows several lines of "0 blocks," sets up /boot,
> sets up the FTP area, then starts in on disc2.

There's no problem here...that's all the process was supposed to give
you.

*-miniinst.iso contains the contents of disc1/ and that's all.

*-disc1.iso on the FTP mirrors is the contents of disc1/ plus
packages.  For releases and snapshots, this is made by the release
engineer(s) by dropping a packages/ directory into disc1/ and
re-running mkisofs(1).

Slightly confusing, I know!

Bruce.