Old libraries and includes...

Mike Harding mvh at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 31 14:40:27 PST 2003

I have had some problems caused by old includes and libraries when
building ports, and it's not very easy to de-kerberize a system.
There used to be an option to clear out the includes when doing a
source upgrade, this does not seem to be around any more.

/usr/includes/des.h seems to be a likely cuprit...

I tried moving /usr/includes and /usr/libs out of the way, but the
install doesn't work properly.  Any body got any other options that
work?  Could we add back the code in the makefile that scrubbed the
includes directory before an upgrade?  Right now I am reduced to using
'find' to find old includes and libraries, and that's not perfect
(doesn't work with perl, for example).

- Mike H.