Broadcom BCM5703X causing reboot? 4.8-RC2

Oliver Fromme olli at secnetix.de
Sun Mar 30 10:42:59 PST 2003

taxman <taxman at acd.net> wrote:
 > On Sunday 30 March 2003 06:31 am, Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > L. Jankok <lj at 2u2.nu> wrote:
 > >  > I have said this different time on the list.
 > >  > Use FreeBSD 4.7 Stable.
 > >
 > > Thanks for the hint.
 > >
 > > Just to make sure:  Are you saying that that particular bug
 > > in the bge driver is fixed in RELENG_4_7?  That would be
 >
 > No, he said use 4.7 Stable which is RELENG_4

I'm sorry, that term always confuses me.  I call RELENG_4
"4-stable", and RELENG_4_7 "4.7-stable" (because it's
branched off at 4.7-RELEASE, while 4-stable moves away
from 4.7-RELEASE).

Anyway, the bge driver problem seems not to be fixed in
4-stable.  People have reported to experience the same
reboots in 4.8-RC.  *sigh*  I'll try 4.8-RELEASE anyway,
maybe I'll be just lucky.  Better than changing to Linux.
:-)

 > > (BTW, searching the archive on the web didn't turn up anything.
 > > Maybe I used the wrong keywords, or maybe the search function
 > > fooled me; it doesn't seem very reliable.)
 >
 > I rarely get good results there either.  I usually use google advanced search
 > with the domain put in.

Good idea.
Thanks again.

Regards