Status of ATA tagging in Stable

Andrew Stuart elitetek at tekrealm.net
Sat Mar 29 20:47:33 PST 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 at 10:42:36 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
--snip--
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: ad0: invalidating queued requests
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: ata0: resetting devices .. ad0: invalidating queued requests
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: ad0: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or device
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: done

Just to point out/ask the obvious, you do have a udma cable on the
harddrive, it is on correctly (blue end to mainboard typically), and its
its at the end of the of the cable, leaving the middle connector for
your slave drive, correct?

also, from what I have seen, the ibm drives and tagging has always
seemed to be a problem. I dont think this has changed recently.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net