security/cyrus-sasl

Scot W. Hetzel hetzels at westbend.net
Thu Mar 27 14:59:12 PST 2003

From: "Jeff Seeman" <danger at e-lated.org>
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jeff Seeman wrote:
> > I am trying to setup password protected smtp, according to the FreeBSD
> > Hanbook I need to install cyrus-sasl. I have tried this on 2 different
> > boxes and it failes at the same point (see below) I believe this port to
> > be broken.
> >
> > If anyone can tell me how to get around this or know of a good solution
> > protect SMTP but still be able to provide smtp services to users across
> > public networks please help.

This problem is known and PR 48731was submited to fix this problem.

The problem occurs on recent 4.x-STABLE systems due to the OpenSSL upgrade
changed a function to a macro, and a #ifdef..#else..#endif is splitting the
OpenSSL function call in cyrus-sasl source.

To apply the patches do the following:

    cd /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl
    fetch -o PR48731
"http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=48731&f=raw"
    fetch -o PR48953
"http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=48953&f=raw"
    patch < PR48731
    patch < PR48953

The second patch fixes a problem in the cyrus_pwcheck.sh script.

You could also use the security/cyrus-sasl2 port.

Scot