make release without a lot of the base system

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Thu Mar 27 04:06:50 PST 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 05:54:28AM -0600, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:14:40PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > First, should even kerberos be built with the NO* options above?
>
> No, it should not.  Defining NOCRYPT or NO_OPENSSL will prevent the
> kerberosIV directory from being entered during the build.

It did, see below. I was mistakenly assuming that the build failed in
the buildworld phase of make release.

> [...]
> > Second, I have tried adding MAKE_KERBEROS4=no to make.conf but that doesn't
> > appear to make a difference. What's the correct option in /etc/make.conf to
> > skip building kerberos 4 and 5?
>
> Don't do that.  The correct option is not to define MAKE_KERBEROS[45]
> at all.  The value does not matter ... if it is defined, it will be
> read as `make it please'.

That's what I found out the hard way :)

> I would guess that your flags aren't getting propogated as you think.
> *shrug*

Yes that was my first guess as well but I've verified that those are
the contents of my <chroot>/etc/make.conf. make *is* being run inside
the chroot, is it not? Or is it started from the outside?

After some digging I do see this however, from src/release/Makefile:

release.3:

[snip]

.if exists(${.CURDIR}/../kerberosIV) && exists(${.CURDIR}/../crypto) && !defined
(NOKERBEROS)
        cd ${.CURDIR}/..; \
        ${CROSSMAKE} ${WORLD_FLAGS} -DNO_MAKEDB_RUN -DMAKE_KERBEROS4 \
            SUBDIR_OVERRIDE="kerberosIV ${K4PROGS}" \
            buildworld distributeworld DISTDIR=${RD}/trees
.endif

and that corresponds to the logs, after rechecking, so not having NOKERBEROS
appears to be the source of my trouble.

I'm now retrying with NOKERBEROS=true in my release make.conf, will let
you know when it's done.

Thanks,

--Stijn

--
"Coca-Cola is solely responsible for ensuring that people - too stupid to know
not to tip half-ton machines on themselves - are safe. Forget parenting - the