Hardcoded krb reference in ports/postfix

Scot W. Hetzel hetzels at westbend.net
Mon Jun 30 08:40:45 PDT 2003

From: "Vivek Khera" <khera at kcilink.com>

> MS> AFAIK - my /usr/lib/libkrb.a stems from the 4.2-RELEASE cd install I
started
> MS> this comp with (it's dated Nov 2000) and thus hasn't been updated
since and

> Then delete the file.  If it exists, it is assumed you use kerberos in
> the current 4.x releases.  It doesn't exist otherwise.
>
> Patches to alter the bahavior are welcome, if you don't agree with
> this.

I had to deal with this problem in the security/cyrus-sasl port where
/usr/lib/krb.a existed but the user didn't want it or needs to use the krb4
port due to Kerberos IV is no longer in -CURRENT.  I use the following,
which allows -CURRENT and -STABLE users to use the security/krb4 port, or
use Kerberos IV libraries that is built during a buildworld on on systems
who's OSVERSION is <+ 500105:

# KERBEROS 4 was removed in FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT
.if ${OSVERSION} > 500105
.if defined(WITH_KERBEROS4)
LIB_DEPENDS+=   krb.2:${PORTSDIR}/security/krb4
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-krb4=${LOCALBASE}/krb4
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-krb4
EBONES= "@comment "
.endif
.elif exists(/usr/lib/libkrb.a) && defined(MAKE_KERBEROS4) &&
!defined(WITHOUT_KERBEROS4)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-krb4
.elif !exists(/usr/lib/libkrb.a) && defined(WITH_KERBEROS4)
LIB_DEPENDS+=   krb.2:${PORTSDIR}/security/krb4
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-krb4=${LOCALBASE}/krb4
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-krb4
EBONES= "@comment "
.endif

I use two *_KERBEROS4 variables:

    WITH_KERBEROS4    -CURRENT: Selects the security/krb4 port
                                          -STABLE: Selects the security/krb4
port if /usr/lib/libkrb.a dosen't exist.

    WITHOUT_KERBEROS4    OSVERSION <= 500105: Used to deselect Kerberos IV
if  MAKE_KERBEROS4 is defined in /etc/make.conf.

Scot