'vinum list' wierd output (solved)

Joan Picanyol i Puig lists-freebsd-stable at biaix.org
Sun Jun 29 16:41:56 PDT 2003

* Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org> [20030629 03:57]:
> > As I said, the computer just rebooted. Before that, it said I had -2
> > drives (?).
> Ah, do you mean it crashed?  Then you should get a dump.
I can't. Coincidentally, I need to add this drive to get enough swap :o
Besides, I'm not sure I could reproduce it anyway.

> > Should I reboot it again before attaching the drive?
> Reboot it now and see if you still have the anomaly after restarting
> Vinum.
Rebooting again has brought things back to normal.

> > Will 'vinum attach storage bulk' just work?
> I don't understand the question.  'vinum attach' creates relationships
> between existing objects.
OK (finally) understood it. I issued create with "subdisk length 0
drive storage plex bulk.p0" (Am I correct in assuming I could have done
it in two steps, without specifying "plex bulk.p0" in the create file
and issuing an 'attach' later?)

many thanks
--
pica