apache panics on a recent 4.8-STABLE

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 27 06:42:27 PDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> Yesterday I begin a couple of update to the latest 4.8-STABLE.  After
> that the two boxes continues to go in panics as soon as Apache (1.3 from
> the ports, also freshly recompiled, 2.0.x seems NOT to hang) starts.
>
> I don't know if it is related to the other thread : "Kernel core dump in
> recent 4.8-STABLE" but it is easily reproducible by cvsupping to a today
> -STABLE and then running apache 1.3 ...
>
> Thanks very much for any info you con provide.

Any chance you have a serial console set up on one or more of the machines
and can copy/paste the panic output into an e-mail?  A stack trace from
DDB would also be good; there's quite a decent chapter in the Developer's
Handbook on getting stack traces, etc, from dumps:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

Thanks,

robert at fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories