changes in kernel affecting savecore/dumps ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jun 26 20:16:26 PDT 2003

Please note that both savecore and kernel were installed at the same time:

jupiter# ls -ld /kernel /sbin/savecore
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  2029005 Jun 22 00:36 /kernel
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   168364 Jun 22 00:35 /sbin/savecore

and were compiled at about the same time, so it isn't as if I forgot to do
a 'make buildworld' first:

jupiter# cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sbin/savecore/
jupiter# ls -lt
total 622
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   39528 Jun 20 16:19 savecore.o
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  571487 Jun 20 16:19 savecore
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    2009 Jun 20 16:19 savecore.8.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    2115 Jun 20 16:10 .depend
jupiter# ls -ld /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/kernel/kernel
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  2029005 Jun 20 18:34 /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/kernel/kernel