(noperiph:sym0:0:-1:-1):SCSI BUS reset delivered. -- HP Netserver LH3r

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 07:45:09 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 04:14:07PM +0200, Etienne Ledoux wrote:
> Ok i fixed my subject a bit.
>
> Well I've tried FreeBSD (4.4, 4.8, 5.0), SuSE Linux 8.1, Redhat 9.0.
> All these operating systems fail to detect the hdd and when trying to load the
> scsi drivers for it it gives timeout errors (redhat & suse).
>
> FreeBSD gives: (noperiph:sym0:0:-1:-1):SCSI BUS reset delivered.
> 			(noperiph:sym1:0:-1:-1):SCSI BUS reset delivered.

I see that every reboot with my DC-390U3W adaptor (uses the sym
driver).  Yet my SCSI adapter is working perfectly. I think that's
just an informational message and not an error report as such.

> This made me think that it might be a problem with the hardware
configuration.

Very possibly.  Or it may be that your SCSI adapter uses something
very similar to but not quite compatible with a Symbios Logic chipset.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way