Problems building 4.8 STABLE

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Tue Jun 24 09:04:54 PDT 2003

While Ruslan Ermilov was trying to figure out why data written to
/dev/null on Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 18:47  was not readable,
he gave up and decided to grace us with this:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 09:52:55AM -0400, Bill Vermillion wrote:
> [...]
> > I then started a build - with a -DNOCLEAN option for speed and it
> > failed again.  I ran this under 'script' to get the output.

> > Here is the tail of that file.

> [...]
> > ===> lib/libcom_err/doc
> > info2html com_err.info
> > info2html:No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 1

> Remove the FORMATS=html from /etc/make.conf when building world.
> This is the known issue that FORMATS is used both by doc.docbook.mk
> and bsd.info.mk, and I will fix that soon.

Thanks.   I remember adding that when building doc files about 2
weeks ago.  That one did not enter my mind.

That should fix it.

This was the first failed build that didn't get fixed with a new
cvsup in about 2 or 3 years.

Thank you very much.

Bill

--