need mail client

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Mon Jun 23 16:47:29 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 04:07:39PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:

>--On Monday, June 23, 2003 14:02:21 -0700 Wes Peters <wes at softweyr.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 21 June 2003 17:19, Yousif Hassan wrote:
>>> KMail, which comes with the KDE desktop environment, is a good
>>> GUI-based client.  KDE 3.x has been ported to FreeBSD.
>>
>> I use kmail daily, from 3 different machines, to access my IMAP server
>> out "on the net".  It is, so far, the best IMAP client I've found.
>>
>I'm using Mulberry.  I haven't gotten comfortable with Kmail.
>
>Mulberry 3.x is NICE.  (not free, but worth it).

I've seen good comments about Mulberry, even some in the O'Reilly book on
IMAP, but personally haven't been that impressed.

On the rare occassions when I want to run a GUI mail client, I've found
Sylpheed-claws the fastest and has the features I want (I'm basically a
mutt-in-an-xterm guy though).

One of the people we work with has very good things to say about the mail
client in Ximian's Evolution.  I've had problems figuring it out, but
that's probably because I've never used Microsoft's virus vector, Outlook.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Scientists are explorers. Philosophers are tourists.'' -- Richard Feynman