SMP goes away after installworld (4.8-STABLE)

Pete French pfrench at firstcallgroup.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 10:26:29 PDT 2003

> I've concluded now that SMP support is a goner in the current
> 4.8-stable.
> Anyone else either have SMP working on 4.8-stable
> and/or knows that it doesn't?

I did a cvsup this morning and it builds and runs fine on an SMP
system here. Compaq Proliant - twin 550MHz PIII's. No problems, just
upgraded in the normal way and it came back up fine...

sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A
ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
pca0 at port 0x40 on isa0
APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
APIC_IO: routing 8254 via IOAPIC #0 intpin 2
Waiting 4 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
sym1: unexpected disconnect
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/da0s2a
da0 at sym0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0