savecore: warning: /kernel version mismatch: ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Sun Jun 22 10:20:18 PDT 2003

Just as a follow up, I was able to 'recreate' the crash (cdcc info causes
it, just don't know why), and I get the same errors with savecore on
reboot ...

the vmcore file that savecore -f produces isn't producing anything useful
either :(

SMP 1 cpus
IdlePTD at phsyical address 0x0033c000
initial pcb at physical address 0x002ae160
panic messages:
---
dmesg: kvm_read: invalid address (0)
---
#0  0xbbdf1740 in ?? ()
(kgdb) quit

I've just CVSup'd the latest -stable and am going to do an upgrade today
to see if I can get anything useful ... but I have a copy of both the
vmcore (as per above) and kernel.debug if there is anything that can be
gathered from it? :(