/etc/libmap.conf MFC?

Joe Kelsey joek at mail.flyingcroc.net
Fri Jun 20 15:33:17 PDT 2003

Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
>
>>>"editing of shared libraries" problem I posted about earlier.  It also
>>>does not seem like a real big deal to do an MFC for.
>>
>>	That's good idea.  I want this feature, too.
>

> You should upgrade to 5.1 if it has features that you want.
>
> Adding new features to the STABLE branch this late in its lifetime seems
> pointless.

Well, I think that I can always think of reasons that I may want to add
features to older branches.  I have not heard of anyone declaring
4-STABLE a dead branch, nor have I heard of anyone declaring 5-CURRENT
as the imminent replacement of the -STABLE label.

When I look at the libmap stuff, I see a very small, well contained
change.  I believe that this makes an ideal candidate for MFC.  I can
personally think of many benefits that accrue from the MFC of libmap,
not the least of which revolve around improved user experience due to
tighter integration of Mozilla plugins.

If you know of the imminent demise of the 4-STABLE branch, please let me
know.  If you know of fatal bugs in libmap, please let me know.
Otherwise, what roadblocks stand in the way of MFC?

/Joe