pst: timeout mfa=0x00327b90 cmd=WRITE

Ryan O'Neill ryanlists at hostbaby.com
Fri Jun 20 14:44:56 PDT 2003

On Thursday 19 June 2003 11:06 pm, Scott R. Sewall wrote:
> I installed a Promise SuperTrak SX6000 ATA RAID controller on 4.8-RELEASE.
>
> The following message is logged when the device is under load (equivalent
> of make release): pst: timeout mfa=0x00327b90 cmd=WRITE
>
> Should I be concerned?

We haven't been :)

We're using that same card and we've been getting those messages for both
WRITE and READ occassionally ever since our came up 4 and a half months ago.
We haven't noticed any problems relating to those errors in particular.
Stuff seems to still work fine.

bash-2.05b# gunzip /var/log/messages*.gz && \
>           cat /var/log/messages* | grep "pst: timeout" | wc -l
     529

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that the box takes about half an hour
to reboot, even when the raid has been cleanly dismounted (don't even ask how
long it takes when it needs to be fsk'ed).

If you (or anyone) finds or has a better answer for the timeout error or the
reboot thing, please do share :)

--
HOSTBABY.COM - web hosting for musicians
Ryan O'Neill - ryan at hostbaby.com
http://www.hostbaby.com