dvd+rw-tools ported to FreeBSD (Sony 500A DVD[+/-]R[W] support)

Pierre Beyssac beyssac at enst.fr
Wed Jun 18 11:42:13 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 12:58:54PM -0700, brian at hyperreal.org wrote:
> that step, but it's good to see more tools.  What would really be nice is
> a working dvdauthor port - the one that's there has missing dependencies
> and certain parts of the toolchain (like mpeg2desc) that just didn't work.

Actually I've never managed to use dvdauthor with mpeg2desc, that's
why I didn't put mpeg2desc in the dependencies for the port.

I just use "transcode -y mpeg,toolame -b 224 -E 48000 -F d -i infile
-o outfile" to compile the video & audio, then tcmplex to multiplex
the resulting streams into a .vob suitable for dvdauthor.
Pierre Beyssac						pb at enst.fr