How to make a customized, unattended install for FreeBSD?

Ed Ed.Braaten at intel.com
Tue Jun 17 15:48:20 PDT 2003

I would like to customize our store-bought, bootable FreeBSD CD
so that it does a non-interactive (or minimally interactive ;-)
install.

The interim solution we've devised has our lab execution
techs booting from a CD and then using the Sysinstall "Load config
file" menu option to load an "install.cfg" file from a floppy.
We'd like to eliminate this step by having Sysinstall read the
install.cfg from the bootable CD.  I've found other folks asking
the same question, but to date no answers...

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

--
Ed Braaten
DuPont Compatibility Validation Lab