dvd+rw+r for FreeBSD -- Progress but no success

Andrew Gould andrewgould at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 15:11:47 PDT 2003

--- Andrew Gould <andrewgould at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Andrew Sparrow <spadger at spadger.best.vwh.net>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:31:50PM -0500, Thomas
> T.
> > Veldhouse wrote:
> > > I believe you need this in your kernel at a bare
> > minimum.  I don't know if
> > > atapicam is supported in FreeBSD 4.x.  It
> > certainly is in 5.x.
> >
> > Yup, MFC'd a long time ago now (6-8 months at a
> > guess).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > AS
> >
> Thanks to the both of you.  I'll give it a try.
>
> Andrew Gould

Update:  Progress without success

I've recompiled my system and kernel with atapicam.
Executing 'camcontrol devlist' results in a listing of
my dvd burner as a scsi device.  Once I changed
'/dev/acd0c' to '/dev/cd0c' in /etc/fstab, I was able
to mount a cdrom in /dev/cd0c to /cdrom.

I executed the following as root ('./testfile' is a
short text file.):

>growisofs -Z /dev/cd0c -R -J ./testfile

Resutls:
Executing 'mkisofs -R -J testfile | builtin_dd
of=/dev/pass0 obs=32k seek=0'
:-[ LBA=0h, SENSE KEY=5h/ASC=30h,ASCQ=10h ]
:-( write failed: Invalid argument

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould