cdrom after installing kernel

Ian Dowse iedowse at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jun 15 04:09:18 PDT 2003

In message <20030615122353.GA193 at messiah.marek.org>, Marek Denis writes:

>I have solved my problem. in my /etc/fstab file there was a line
>/dev/acd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
>
>/dev/acd0c worked only with GENERIC, but when I tried
>
>marek# mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0a /cdrom (acd0a also listed in /dev)
> everything worked great. So, the next step is only to modify /etc/fstab
>and everything works all right.

If this fixed it, it means that you forgot to run

	cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV all

when updating, or you missed the mergemaster step that does this.
At some stage before 4.6-RELEASE, the minor number for the acd0c
device changed, so attempting to use the old device node would give
the "Device not configured" error. The minor number for acd0a did
not change however, so its old device node continues to work (in
fact, acd0c now has the same minor number as acd0a).

Ian