A stupid question...

Eirik Oeverby ltning at anduin.net
Wed Jun 11 03:04:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

I know about the buffer issues - I've had that on all my servers, and
nowadays it's routine to up that to atleast 4x the default. So that's
not the problem. There are no messages in any logs, apart from dropped
connections due to the outage. I'm fairly sure it's the NIC itself, or
the combination of NIC and motherboard. It's a non-important server and
the NIC is only a backup NIC anyway (which I sometimes abuse to speed up
LAN traffic) - so I won't be investing any more time on that. It's about
to be decommissioned soon.

Thanks for the ideas, though.

/Eirik