umass device support...how generic is it?

Richard Arends richard at unixguru.nl
Mon Jun 9 04:48:33 PDT 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Michael Ranner wrote:

Michael,

> I get this on accessing the da0 device with mount or
> directly with dd:

> (da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0x4, scsi status
> == 0x0
> umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT
> umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
> umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT

Looks like the device doesn't like the Syncronize cache command. Try
adding the quirk DA_Q_NO_SYNC_CACHE for youre device in scsi_da.c

Regards,

Richard.

----
Paul Vixie in an interview with Sendmail.net:

Now that the Internet has the full spectrum of humanity as users,
the technology is showing its weakness: it was designed to be
used by friendly, smart people. Spammers, as an example of a class,
are neither friendly nor smart.