What happened with 5.1-RELEASE?

stuart nichols fbsdstable at cobble.capnet.state.tx.us
Sat Jun 7 13:39:20 PDT 2003

There used to be messages on this list around the time
of a new release, letting people know what was happening,
but that isn't happening this time.  What list should the
following question be directed to, if not this one?

My auto-download program snagged a copy of the 5.1-RELEASE
install ISO yesterday morning, but no release announcement
was made.  The directories exist on most, if not all of the
ftpNN.freebsd.org servers, but the directories are protected,
and the one I got it from changed to disallow further downloads.

Did something go wrong with 5.1-RELEASE that required a re-work?
The CD boots as 5.1-RELEASE, and loads normally.  There are no
cvsup deltas for RELENG_5_1, so no changes have been made
available yet.

What happened, and is there some horrible problem with the
5.1-RELEASE ISO I got that means I shouldn't load it?  (Too
late for that now.)  It seems to be 5.1-RC1 with little if
anything different except for a re-name of the version.

stu

stuart nichols
CAPnet Network Operations