IBM xSeries RAID Controlers

Arnvid Karstad arnvid at karstad.org
Fri Jun 6 12:05:20 PDT 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:53:44 +0200 - Erwin Lansing <erwin at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:39:46AM +0200, Pranas Baliuka wrote:
> > I am novice in HW.
> > Dos FreeBSD suports IBM xSeries RAID Controlers?
> Depends. The xSeries comes with a range of different controllers. Off
> the top of my head, the x330 comes with a IBM ServeRAID which wasn't
> supported a couple of months ago, but is now. The x335 comes with an LSI
> 1030 which works fine. The full list of supported controllers is at
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/hardware-i386.html#AEN33

The internal LSI controler in 335, 345's and BladeCenters (and
similars) are not IBM ServeRaid controlleres. The ServeRAID controllers
are supported in FreeBSD 5.1 thru the new ips driver.  Altho it seems
that some of the newer ServeRAID cards actually have LSI chipsets the
driver is now maintained by adaptec iirc.

Med vennlig hilsen/Best regards,

Arnvid L. Karstad