Additions: Boot problem on a P4P800-based computer

Noor Dawod noor at comrax.com
Thu Jun 5 07:29:30 PDT 2003

Hi again,

Anyone has an idea how to debug this problem?
I tried nearly everything possible, including disabling devices in the
BIOS and in CLI mode. I even replaced the CD-ROM drive with another one,
just in case it is faulty. The problem persists...

The thing that is hanging the probing session comes after PLIP. That's
where the boot process always stops...
Next thing is to remove the hard disk, and try another one...

Any idea what to do before I do this step?

/Noor