Sudden and unexplained reboots

Noor Dawod noor at comrax.com
Wed Jun 4 10:14:02 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm having a problem in one of the FreeBSD boxes that I manage. All of a
sudden, and for no particular reason, the machine just reboots abruptly.
When it loads up again, I cannot see an indication that there's anything
wrong in the configuration.

By the way, the machine is running like this for few months, and no
changes were made lately. Machine has 2GB RAM, RAID-5 disk array and a
Xeon 933Mhz CPU. There's enough space on disk and more free RAM to drive
5 desktop computers.

Anyone got an idea how to debug the problem? and better, how to resolve
and fix it?

Thanks in advance.

/Noor