hints on KVM switches w/ X

Omar omar at westside.urbanblight.com
Mon Jun 2 13:00:14 PDT 2003

Similar issue here, only I'd lose the mouse on all boxes connected to
the Belkin KVM.  I could recover the mouse on FreeBSD by running
moused and using /dev/sysmouse, then restarting moused when there
was a problem, but the Windows 2000 box required a reboot (as far as
I could tell, but I'm no NT admin).

Ultimately, I attached the mouse back to the serial port and don't
have the flakey behavior on FreeBSD.  When switching to the W2K box, I
frequently have to do sequential ritual left-button, center-button
clicks to get things working again (cf, above NT admin comment :-) .

Omar