hints on KVM switches w/ X

Feldman, Jim jim.feldman at hp.com
Mon Jun 2 11:57:03 PDT 2003

I have noticed that if I start the system boot, and then switch away, both moused and X lose my mouse when I come back later.  If I wait for the boot to complete, no problem and I can pop back and forth.  Otherwise I've been pretty happy with the 4 port Trendware cheapie kvm.  Took generic 4.8 install with kde.  MoBo is an older FIC for the K6-III.  Mouse is logitech trackball w/2 buttons.

It looks like the trendware,  zonet, phoebe, and who knows how many others are rebadged or slightly different packages of the same board.

jim