mysql323 + gcc on 4.8-s

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Thu Jul 31 18:27:03 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 05:50:58PM -0700, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> > i'm installing gcc33 from ports, since it's the latest release according
> > to gnu's site...  but running 'make check' (which is still running) has
> > been spitting out quite a few failures like,

gcc33 is bleeding edge, running now on -current with occasional
interesting issues - largely because it's stricter, not buggy.
But you'll have a much easier time with 3.1 or 3.2 on -stable.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.