webmin and /kernel: pid 14356 (perl), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

Rick Updegrove freebsdstable at updegrove.net
Wed Jul 30 17:36:43 PDT 2003

Mike Hoskins wrote:

 >Long shot, but what does `perl -v` say?  Are you running perl from ports,
 >and if so did you enable it with use.perl?

I am using perl from ports....

 > I've had some issues with the
 >older 5.x versions, but 5.6.1 (perl5 from ports) seems to work well in
 >most cases.

root at mira ~ # perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd

Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

root at mira /usr/ports/lang # cd perl5.8/
root at mira /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8 # make
 >> perl-5.8.0.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
 >> Attempting to fetch from
http://www.cpan.dk/CPAN/modules/by-module/../../src/.
Receiving perl-5.8.0.tar.gz (11023084 bytes): 27%

I will post a follow up THANK YOU!

p.s.  I don't know why I didn't think to look if there was a different
version there :)