ALi M5451 Sound Card.

David Rio drio at perpels.com
Mon Jul 28 16:01:50 PDT 2003

I have post a message about this topic @questions but I have
not get feed back.
My laptop has an ALi M5451 Sound Card. I am using FreeBSD4.8-STABLE
with the "device pcm" activated in the kernel.
At boot time I get this output from the kernel:

pcm0: <Acer Labs M5451> at device 4.0 on pci0
pcm0: unable to map register space
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

Searching the Net I have found a URL where there is a FreeBSD
driver for this card. I have tried without success to contact
by email with the author.

My questions are:

- Is this sound card supported on FreeBSD?
- If yes, which driver do I have to use?

P.S: URL info about the freebsd driver:
	http://home.att.ne.jp/delta/athlete/m5451_e.html