Large hard disk support in FreeBSD

Jeff Love jl at burghcom.com
Mon Jul 28 10:24:48 PDT 2003

Chris,
This may not be for this forum, but I'll answer anyway.
What you may need is a drive overlay provided by the  hard drive
manufacturer. With this in place, even though the BIOS sees the drive as
smaller, the OS sees it at full size.
Completely disabling the drive in the BIOS would most likely have the
drive not show up in the OS.

Hope this helps,

Jeff Love
Burgh Gaming