Sound Driver Via

Tyndall, B. bt22 at leicester.ac.uk
Sun Jul 27 12:55:54 PDT 2003

Hi, im a newbie to freebsd. I just installed 5.1, but my sound isnt working, im not sure if I have to install the alsa sound drivers or not. the integrated sound I have with my shuttle mv42n board is Via AC97 sound, and when I go into kde i get the error message

Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such file or directory)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

, can someone please provide me with some steps to get this working please.

		Regards.

		Brian