wi AP + acx100 client don't work

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jul 27 12:22:37 PDT 2003

In message: <3864.159.148.112.148.1059301428.squirrel at gate.multicom.lv>
            "Andris" <andris at multicom.lv> writes:
: Hi!
:
: I have PC running FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE and installed Z-COM XI-626 PCI (Prism
: 2.5).
: When I try to directly connect notebook (running WinXP) with acx100 chip
: based card to FreeBSD I can't connect. I try connect running wi in AP and
: Ad-Hoc modes. NOP. Cards can see each other but can't connect. :(
: I is possible to connect these cards?

Have you disabled the non-standard 802.11b+ extensions in the acx100
driver?  Hmmm, come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure you can in the
windows drivers.  Also, are you sure you are connecting in IBSS mode
and have same configured for the wi card?  The older lucent
demo-ad-hoc mode isn't supported by the acx100 drivers last time this
came up.

What version of the firmware is in the Z-COM card?

Warner