Question about malloc, mmap etc.

Robert Swindells rjs at fdy2.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 02:04:45 PDT 2003

[CMUCL changes snipped]

>The segments my program creates are at 0x10000000, 0x28f00000 and
>0x48000000 if that makes a difference.

>Anyway my question is whether anyone knows why this might be happening
>or if someone can point me in the right direction to find out.

What does the memory map of the lisp process look like at this point ?

Things will break if you put in any extra printf calls before the
segments are set up.

You might want to recompile malloc.c with some extra debug around the
call to mmap(2), but using write(2) not printf, just to check where
in the setup sequence it is being called.

Robert Swindells